Weather Underground: Forecast

Weather Underground: Forecast

By Weather Underground, LLC

  • Category: Weather
  • Release Date: 2011-12-21
  • Current Version: 5.11.6
  • Adult Rating: 4+
  • File Size: 268.79 MB
  • Developer: Weather Underground, LLC
  • Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
Score: 4
4
From 58,279 Ratings

Description

Weather Underground for iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch is your everything weather app. Powered by our network of 270,000+ personal weather stations, this app provides hyper-local forecasts and current conditions, interactive radar, customizable alerts, and much more to ensure you’re always prepared for whatever the weather brings. CURRENT CONDITIONS • Get current conditions from local weather stations or drop a pin in your neighborhood • Stay updated with the best weather data including temperature, “feels like”, wind speed and direction, today’s rain accumulation, humidity, dew point, visibility, and pressure • Swipe through hour-by-hour and 10-day forecasts including chance of precipitation and daily weather summaries • Compare today’s weather with local historical data • Report local weather and hazards to help your community • Monitor air quality, UV risk, and local flu outbreaks with the Health tile • Know when first and last light will happen with the Sunrise/Sunset tile INTERACTIVE MAP • View the weather map’s improved layers including weather stations, radar, satellite, heat map, rain accumulation, crowd reports and more • Scroll through time with our interactive play-bar for radar and satellite • Track global storms on the Hurricane and Tropical Storm tile APPLE WATCH Get all your weather data at a glance with Weather Underground for Apple Watch. Quickly view current conditions, hourly and 10-day forecasts from local weather stations, and stay ahead of the storm with severe weather alerts and radar. WIDGETS, ALERTS, & MORE! • View weather at a glance in your notification center with forecast and radar widgets for iOS 10 • Keep an eye out for extreme weather with severe weather alerts • Discover real-time weather on webcams around the world • View stunning weather photos with the WunderPhotos tile • Access Weather Underground’s wealth of online resources including ski reports, infographics, scientific discussion and more • Geek out with the weather radio tile • Customize your experience with light & dark modes, map types, units and rearrangeable tiles “Weather Underground combines a slick design with a focus on really useful weather information.” - PC Magazine “What really helps this weather app stand out is its “hyper-local” data from enthusiast weather stations around the world." - TIME Magazine About Weather Underground: Founded in 1995 as the first online weather service, Weather Underground supplies weather data solutions to the many of the leading media companies and millions of users across the globe through their mobile apps and website wunderground.com. With over 270,000 personal weather stations worldwide, Weather Underground is able to provide meaningful and reliable weather data to people in real-time. Weather Underground is part of the Weather Company and based in San Francisco, California.

Screenshots

Reviews

  • Had a good thing going...

    1
    By Dude rocket
    I loved this app before the latest update, it only had necessary information. Now they added useless videos(like the weather channel app) which clog up the screen and slows down the app. They basically copied the weather channel so pick your poison. Still searching for the Perfect weather app....
  • Decent free app. rip off upsell

    2
    By johnwlude
    Downloaded app. Used for a while. Decided to buy ad-free. Stopped working?!? Nice.
  • Nice arrangement

    2
    By joedearmy
    Looks good BUT is never right. Also internally confusing when one spot says 80% chance of precipitation and another says 20%. Even they don’t know but they try to make us think they’re right. Downloaded about 3 months ago and the only item that’s correct is the radar.
  • HUUUUUUUUGE space hog

    1
    By Influxx Media
    Why oh why would a mobile app, a web connected weather app at that, use over 200MB of storage. Ludicrous lazy programming. This is a web connected weather app, not photoshop. What on earth could an app that reads its data from the cloud need that amount of resources for. Terrible case of form over function
  • Where is the rain accumulation for previous days?

    3
    By Blizzard1s2d
    The only reason I need Wunderground is to see if I should water my xeriscape and my grass. I need a moisture index from the previous week and past accumulated rain totals. Where do I find this in the app? I thought this would be easier on the app than online.
  • Not nearly as good as the original Storm application

    2
    By music is nice
    This application works, but isn't nearly as functional and customizable as the Storm application, that Weather Underground application was built to replace. The multilayer function with wind stream, global radar, and other layers used to work like a dream. I have officially lost my favorite application.
  • Garbage

    1
    By OtieB
    Nearly one year after hurricane Harvey I open this trash weather app and have a warning that Harvey is still dumping massive amounts of rain on the Texas coast. What a joke. Half the time the app won’t load, and rarely, if ever, is the forecast right. The current radar bogs down constantly, and often times you check the weather to see a current condition that is either completely wrong or several hours, even days old. Don’t waist your time. Trash
  • Crash enabled

    1
    By Buckhaole
    Can't see the map on my iPad. Crashes every time.
  • How to fix Wunderground!

    5
    By Whifton Polekitty
    I love Wunderground, mainly to see temperature variations over an area (I’m a geek. Get over it.) Problem: Recently when starting, an error that it can’t connect to a given station. Solution: Remove app. Reinstall app. Works! IT’S MAGIC.
  • I used to love this app.

    2
    By dmcwriter
    For years, this has always been the only weather app I'd ever added to my iphone. But in the past few months, the screen freezes or takes forever to load. And now, all my favorite locations are gone and I can't get them back easily--it's really hard to maneuver through the maps to find a specific location to drop a pin, very frustrating. We have a lot of relatives and friends scattered around the country and we also travel internationally, and I loved being able to check the weather in locations around the globe. Now I can't do that. So disappointing! I guess I'm going to have to find another weather app. :-(

Comments

keyboard_arrow_up