Partly Sunny

Partly Sunny

By Joseph Hribar

  • Category: Weather
  • Release Date: 2016-11-16
  • Current Version: 1.3.4
  • Adult Rating: 4+
  • File Size: 32.39 MB
  • Developer: Joseph Hribar
  • Compatibility: Requires iOS 10.0 or later.
Score: 4.5
From 550 Ratings


Partly Sunny shows your weather in quick glances and detailed looks. Need to quickly see if it will rain at home or at work today? Or check the humidity or UV index over the next few hours? Or look at the hourly forecast for this weekend? Partly Sunny has you covered. Quick Glances For when you want an overview of what’s happening at your current location and your favorite locations. Detailed Looks For when you want more details about what’s happening throughout the hour, the day, and the week at your locations. Hourly Graphs See how your selected conditions change over the next few days. Choose from temperature, precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, and more. Tap the graph to change the plotted condition. Tap & hold the graph for a detailed look at each hour. Week View Get a quick glance at the week’s forecast. Tap any day for a detailed look at that day’s forecast. Precipitation Graph When it’s raining or snowing, a graph will show if the precipitation will be light, medium, or heavy (U.S. & U.K. locations). Widget See what’s happening currently and today at your selected location. Expand the widget to see what’s happening over the next few hours and days. Dark Mode Toggle manually and with a handy gesture. Or toggle automatically based on your device’s screen brightness or your location’s sunrise & sunset times. With a monthly or yearly subscription, join the Partly Sunny Club and unlock more: Interactive Radar Precipitation imagery is available for locations in the U.S., Canada, Australia, South Korea, and northern Mexico. Cloud imagery is available for locations worldwide. Pull-to-Refresh Pull down in Today View to refresh the location’s forecast on demand. Yesterday’s Weather Show yesterday’s weather in Week View for quick comparisons. Time Machine Get the weather for a day in the future or the past. Future days show the usual weather for that day, and past days show the actual weather for that day. More Locations Save five more locations in your locations list for a total of 15. Custom App Icon & Theme Customize the Partly Sunny icon on your home screen and widget. Some icons have a matching theme color for the app, too. (Requires iOS 10.3 or later.) Whether or not you’re part of the Club, there’s still more: • Forecasts powered by Dark Sky. • Choose actual or “feels like” temperatures and quickly switch with a handy gesture. • Customize the condition that displays with daily temperatures. Choose from precipitation, cloud cover, humidity, UV index, wind, and more. • Links to pollen forecasts and NOAA weather offices (U.S. locations). • Location renaming and fine-tuning. • 3D Touch shortcuts. • URL scheme: partlysunny://, partlysunny://currentlocation, and partlysunny://addlocation. ——— Partly Sunny has been featured in Apple’s “New Apps We Love”, MacStories, AppAdvice, and Lifehacker. Partly Sunny “introduces a robust, beautiful new way to view weather information. […] What’s immediately striking about Partly Sunny’s design is that it feels designed to belong in iOS. It’s an app that feels built by Apple if the company decided to make a massive iterative change to its own stock Weather app.” – MacStories “If you are looking for minimalism in your weather app, then Partly Sunny will satisfy your cravings. […] Partly Sunny offers the information you need in a concise and flexible way.” – AppAdvice ——— Subscription Details • Payment will be charged to your iTunes account at confirmation of purchase. • Your subscription will automatically renew unless auto-renew is turned off at least 24 hours before the end of the subscription period. Your account will be charged for renewal within 24 hours prior to the end of the current subscription period. • You can manage your subscriptions and turn off auto-renewal by going to your Account Settings on the App Store after purchase. • Privacy policy: • Terms of Use:



  • Great app, experience disturbed by nagging for rating

    By Core_
    Yet another app that would deserve a much higher rating. Unfortunately it is nagging you every day to get rated, so that leads to not liking it as much anymore. If developers only realised how destructive nagging is for the experience.
  • Best I’ve tried.

    By Paul6062
    I’m pretty sure I’ve downloaded every single weather app that there is. I was looking for a replacement for “Today” that would take full advantage of the iPhone X screen. This is the best. The interface is simple, elegant, clean. It is easy to navigate and it puts everything I want at my fingertips. Highly recommend.
  • Very inaccurate

    By llhgrey
    I have had this app for a few months now, and I think it is organized well with a great user interface. The main reason I need this app is for the 5 day forecast and the hourly forecast, and the app fails miserably in these two areas. For the 5 day, the app is accurate with same day temperatures, but jump ahead 2 days, and the app temperatures differs from my local television forecasts by 5 to 10 degrees! I can understand 2 or 3 degrees difference, but 10? I don’t know which forecast model the app uses, but it does not predict well. The same problem exists with the hourly forecast - the app tells you there is a low probability of rain, but outside it is pouring and the radar shows it will be around for quite some time.
  • Disappointing

    By BobToby13
    Not the *be all* weather app I was hoping it would be. Don’t understand the limit of 4 weather parameters in location details. Why not have the option of displaying all of them or some subset of all? No pressure tendency indication (falling, steady or rising). The radar map is small. Why does it only occupy about 25% of the screen. The impression I get is that this is really an iPhone app with iPad support added as an afterthought. There is a lot of wasted/unused space on the iPad.
  • Daily Driver

    By Lost American In France
    One of the best designed and quickest weather app in the whole App Store.
  • Tried them all

    By Reem71872
    This one is the best weather app yet. I’ve used a great many of them, and Partly Sunny is perfect. It feels like it was made by apple.
  • Nice

    By Maylline
    I purchased this app once before and I really didn’t think 💭 much of it, but now I’m game. Thanks developers.
  • Beautiful app, terrible weather forecasting

    By Ransonju
    This is by far the best designed weather app. It’s beautiful and has all the information I want. The downside is in he forecast. It’s terrible for rain prediction. Sometimes other apps (weather channel and accuweather) will say 70 or 80% chance while this says 20%. They are correct and this is wrong. I still use this to check temperatures because it gives good “feels like” temp forecasts but it not my go to app anymore because I can’t rely on the precipitation numbers.
  • Beautifully formatted

    By Path Ranger
    Love the layout-can see saved multiple locations at once. Easy to use at a glance but can also retrieve more detail. Love it.
  • My review

    By Sir Sawyer S
    Overall love the app, better than Dark sky. Just needs a few things to be perfect: Needs to saw wether pressure is steady or falling/rising either with words or a small arrow icon On the hourly graph, there should be an ability to extend it so you can scroll through more than just 2-3 days On the hourly graph having the ability to show more than just one data point at a time would be nice. Giving us a setting to show wind speed as well as precipitation simultaneously etc. When in the daily view, having the ability to swipe left and right to navigate between days (for example if I’m in the daily view and click on next Sunday so Sunday fills the screen, I could then swipe to the left and be on Monday) would be nice, instead of having to click the back arrow in the top left to get back to the days view. Tons of frame drops when scrolling through certain sections, not a hardware issue (IPhone 8 Plus) Option to select more than one data point on both daily forecast and hourly would be nice Ability to have more than 4 data points displayed in the current weather, or at least be able to view them somewhere. In its current state there is NO way to view data other than what you have selected other than clicking on the hourly graph and specifically selecting that data. Maybe make it like the dark sky/carrot app where when you click on the current conditions additional details pop up. When you swipe up and are looking at the 7 day graph, instead of going to the next locations main screen when swiping left, it would be nice if it went to your next locations 7 day graph. Would just be more fluid and make more sense. Radar should fill the whole screen instead of being windowed like it is. Notifications like Dark Sky/Carrot Additional weather sources